Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nokia 2220


I have just had my old brick of a phone replaced by this! My daughter bought it for me and said that it was easy to use so I shouldn't have any problems with it. I was unsure at first s I don't like change and I could use my other phone with ease, I think perhaps my daughter was a little embarrassed by me though!
In the picture that Ciao have provided they show the phone in a nice, rich blue colour, the phone which I have is a deep purple.
Slide
This phone is a slide phone where you slide the phone up to reveal the keypad. This I think makes the phone a little difficult to text with one hand- because it is suddenly twice as long when it's open it is a little top heavy and I find I need two hands- one to hold it still and the other to text so it isn't great, I think I would prefer one which isn't slide.
Functions
I'm not sure exactly what this phone has to offer, I like to just stick to texting, calling and the odd photo but when I have looked through the menu and seen what's available I have been able to see that this is quite a simple phone. It doesn't have a huge amount of fancy functions for example there is no Bluetooth on it.
The camera is a 2 megapixel camera so it isn't very good quality but it does capture the moment if you need to! The picture is a little grainy but it's just fine for me. It is easy to use the camera too by just a quick click of the button and it takes immediately without waiting to focus.
You can get online and surf the Internet throguh WAP on this. This is limited to what you can go on though as it's not as fancy as an Iphone or a Blackberry. For example I can check my Yahoo! Emails but I am not able to get on big sites like Ciao where there is too much information.
You can send multimedia messages on here, record voices, download music and play games too.

Keypad
The keypad is soft, by this I mean that the buttons are not metallic instead it's a soft keypad with all of the numbers on a line joined together so it can be easy to press the wrong one by mistake! It has predictive text which is easy to turn on and off and does make texting easier for me. The keypad is hidden behind the screen and it appears when you slide the phone up. There are keys available below the screen though that you can use without sliding it up. This is the main menu button so you can scroll through or lock your phone and also the call answer/reject buttons. You can set your phone so that just sliding the phone up or down will answer/close the call which is handy so you don't need to press a button at all!
Battery
I have found that my battery will last me around 5 days and this is with quite a lot of use; I tend to speak on the phone for around an hour a day and send several texts. I do think that it has a good battery life. It does take a while to charge up though.
General use
This is a nice little phone. I am very happy with it although I can see some down falls of it such as the keypad being a bit awkward to use with it being a slide phone it is a little harder to hold. I'm pleased that I am now in the 21st century with a decent phone and I like the colour it is. I do think because it is only small and light it's a good phone to have and is much lighter than other ones that I have seen and owned before!
I think you would like this phone if you're looking for quite a simple Nokia which is straightforward to use and nothing fancy but if you are looking for an all singing all dancing piece of technology then this isn't the phone for you!
It was fairly cheap at £60 from the 02 shop and so a reasonable price especially compared to many others!

No comments:

Post a Comment