Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical - keyboard , mouse



I have been using this set for about 6 months now and never had any problems. I bought it from a computer fair for about £45, which was expensive but I wanted one with an optical and rechargeable mouse.
The set includes the wireless keyboard and mouse to enable complete cable free usage. The mouse is also optical so there is no more sticking that you normally get with the conventional type of ball and roller mouse. Optical also means higher accuracy and more sensitivity for generally more reliable use.
This particular keyboard has many shortcut keys to launch different applications such as email, messenger, browser etc. It also has a volume controland media controls such as ffwd, rwnd, play/pause and stop.
All of the shortcut keys can be programmed to point to whatever you want them to, i.e. theres a key that says "shopping", you could have this set to tesco website or ebay for example.
The software needs to be installed to operate these extra functions and can be a little complicated untill you get used to it, but once you have all the necessary functions set up you will not need to use the software again unless you want to change any of them. Installation is relatively straight forward, as with installing anything you just load the disk and follow the on screen instructions.
The mouse will sit in the holder which doubles as both the reciver for the keyboard and mouse, and the charging unit for the mouse. The keyboard is not rechargeable and takes 2x AA batteries, that are supplied with the unit.
Another special feature of this keyboard is the F keys, which each have their own function. You can chose to lock the F keys with the button to the top left "F-Lock" which will give the standard F1-F12 keys, or by hitting the "F-Lock" key again will enable the individual functions printed on the keys such as: my documents, my computer, print, save, send/recieve mail, and others. I personally find about 90% of the extra functions on the keyboard usefull and use them to make my life on the computer much easier.
The only slight problem I have found is the range, I would say its optimum working range is approx. 5ft, which is fine for any desktop use. This has only been an issue when I connect my pc up to my tv and use that as my monitor, when trying to work from my sofa with the reciever on the desk it has trouble picking up the signal and you get missed key stokes and jumpy mouse. Again this is no problem if you are using a normal desktop setup.
Overall I would recommend this set and although it is expensive there is the old saying that "you get what you pay for" which I believ is true in this case

No comments:

Post a Comment